Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mommy's Day Out - November 10th

I pumped all week so that dad had enough milk to take Ian all day on Saturday. I left our house at 5:15 a.m. to drive to Bridget's house. I drove through the fog, so I was late...and incredibly scared for my life! Once at Bridget's we piled into Kim's vehicle and she drove us to South Bend airport. After that, we boarded the train for the 3rd Annual Chicago Christmas Tree Lighting and Window Viewing.

Once there, we stopped at Starbucks (this is a tradition) and looked at the Macy's windows. This year, the window had a nutcracker theme.

Next we went to FAO Schwartz in Macy's when I heard an announcement for Martha Stewart's Christmas Crafts (or something like that). We went to the event center to check it out. We got a bag with a Martha Stewart ornament, chocolates, Martha Stewart Living, and a mesh Macy's shopping bag. We went straight to the refreshments and grabbed a bottled water for the road. Karen and I went to the Christmas Sugar Cookie decorating workshop and the rest of the girls learned how to trim a tree. Half way through, Martha came to visit. It was fun seeing a star, but we weren't too impressed. Kim even said "HI" to her, but we were told that it was a short obligatory hi. She got a nod back.

After that we went to eat at Heaven on Seven. I pumped in the bathroom...it was pretty awkward, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do. I also had a Margarita! That was awesome.

It was a fun day, but it was tiring carrying my breast pump the whole time.

I got home at around 12:00.

No comments: