Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stitch Removal & Pictures! - November 20th


Tuesday was exhausting. Monday night was a tough one and I woke up with a headache above my left eye...a.k.a. my sleep headache. Ian had is appointment with Dr. Smith (the surgeon who cut his pylorus and sewed it up) at 11:15 a.m. We got there with plenty of time and waited around. The appointment took all of 2 minutes. He simply took the steris strips off and cut the stitch.
After that, we went to Glenbrook Mall for Ian's pictures. He had a 1:10 pm. sitting, but mommy did not have time to eat before that, so we ran to the food court. After that, we went to get the pictures taken. It was in a corner of JC Penny's that did not seem to have any air flow. It was stifling hot and there were kids running around everywhere, so I was nervous that Ian would catch something. Nonetheless, we finally got our turn. He was being a little angel and she took one picture and of course he started to cry. We tried a few different poses to see if that was the reason for crying, but that didn't help. We got out the nuk, and that didn't help. So, I decided to change him which sent him into a raging cry and he started breaking out (he gets splotchy every time he cries). We decided to let another group go ahead of us and we took a break for "lunch" even though he had just finished eating at the Dr's office. Anyway, we finally got back to our seating because the people we let go in front of us had a few outfit changes and the mom was complaining the whole time that there weren't Christmas backgrounds for infants (hello! Your baby can't hold up it's head, what kind of poses do you think she can do?). He ended up being a good boy and it didn't take long to get a few shots. After your sitting, it takes 20+ minutes before you can view your photos, so Ian and I looked around JC Penny's a bit. Then, we finally viewed the photos. He had a few good ones, so we ordered a bunch. We got a 10 X 13 in B&W which was more expensive and a matted frame to go with it (at 40% off). I haven't told Russ how much the total cost was, but hopefully he will understand!
After that, we headed home. My headache had returned in full force, so I stopped at BK to see if food would help my headache (my headaches are usually caused by hunger or sleep deprivation). That didn't work, so I had to take a nap half way home! Whew! What a day.
Russ was a sweetheart and let me take a nap when I got home. He even cooked dinner. I am so lucky to have an awesome husband!

No comments: